3/10/10

March 10, 2010

I have to admit I am proud of myself.  I mean, I COULD have called a plumber to look at my very slow draining shower, but even with my home warranty, that would have cost us $60.  So I went to Lowe's and got a bunch of tools to try to tackle it all by myself.  Turns out I did not need any of it. 
Once I got the drain cover off (which took a while and cleaned around the drain, it looked like a bunch of sand or dirt was clogging the line, so I got my shopvac out and cleaned up the area. Then stuck it down in the drain... WOWY KAZOWY! 

I have never seen anything like it.  A packed tight, DENSE matt of hair, at least 9-10 inches long, and thick as the drain pipe just came right up with the vacuum.  I was dumbfounded.  It was amazing our drain EVER drained at all.  This thing was woven as tight as a dreadlock from a giant's head!  I've never seen anything like it.  (click the pictures if you DARE to see what it really looks like, full size

  
 But guess what.  It drains like a dream now, and I did not even use the stuff I bought at Lowe's so I can return it all!  I am one happy boy!

I plan on burying this thing in the back yard.  Pretty sure it might have been a squirrel at some point...

1 comment:

  1. yep....we snaked ours in the fall and while disgusting it was SO EXCITING to get it all out and hear that water hit the bottom of the drain pipe...showers seemed loud for a while right after hearing the water drain so clearly! enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete