3/1/10

March 1, 2010

What a cool day!  I had a day Full of musicians, food, stories, tattoos AND adoption!  Man, I have to say that I love my job on days like this more than ever.

--------------------------------------------------

I started the day with singer/songwriter Regie Hamm.  He is a guy whose name you may not know, but whose songs you have loved for years.  He has LOTS of #1 songs that he has written, starting with I SURRENDER ALL for Clay Crosse, and ending with the HUGE hit for American Idol, THIS IS THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE for David Cook.  In the middle of the storytelling we shared this moring, as we got to know each other, I found that he and his wife have adopted both their children, a boy and a girl... and the girl was from China.  (sound familiar?!)  You can hear some of the amazing story of his journey to the top, and back down again, only to find the path that God truly planned for him, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1CmSreKoFM


With Regie Hamm (center) and Martin Lovelace with Metro Promotions!
 
--------------------------------------------------
THEN I got a visit from another amazing guy!  I discovered Carlos Whittaker several years ago when I was watching an episode of LA INK.  Now I do not recomend the show for just anybody, but I think tattoos are cool and love the art & stories about wo is getting them, so this show is really interesting.  Well Carlos was on a while back getting a tattoo (photos of it below) and shared not only about Saul's converstion on the road to Demascus, but about his own personal transformation through Christ.  I could not help but think how HE was so cool in the way he so eleoquently and plainly explained it all, without being religous or judgemental.  I wished I was more like that.   A year later I found out about a cool worship leader who was posting on Twitter and also had a really fantastic blog... and it turned out to be the same guy!  Wow.  Well then fast forward another year and I suddenly get a new cd from Integrity records from a new worship artist they signed... low and behold it too is Carlos!! 

I loved finally getting to meet and spend time with him. And yes, he is exactly as I expected him to be from seeing him on TV and on the web. It is a real challenge to me to be more like this to the world, because I know that people see Christ through him. They just can't help but see it. (and now I want a tattoo even more.... but still am too chicken!)





Oh, and by the way, Carlos and his wife adoted their son from Korea.  Then I got to share with Steve, the representative from Integrity Records who brought Carlos to the station, all about how his family adopted a son too.  :)

More than anything, I love that today was all about men, Godly men who are working hard to take the gifts that God gave them and do whatever God has called them to do, sitting around over a meal or coffee and gushing about their kids, their adoptions, their tattoos, their successes, their failures and all the lessons learned along the way.   Good stuff.  Great Day.  Awesome Job. 
~jeff

1 comment: